The Afghan Hound Club of America, Inc.
The 77th NATIONAL Specialty Show
Wednesday, September 25th 2013 - Saturday, September 28th 2013
Click on individual events for detailed descriptions and more information.
Times are subject to change. As the national approaches, please check back for updates. Revised - September 11th, 2013
Hotel & Reservations
Holiday Inn - Portland Airport
8439 NE Columbia Boulevard
Portland, Oregon 97220-1382
1-888-HOLIDAY (888-465-4329) or 503-256-5000
Room Rate $89 single or double
Group Rate deadline extended until Monday, September 9th!
Up to 5 dogs per room
Dedicated airport shuttle with extra crate space
Free wireless internet, free parking, plus a daily $5 coupon for use in the hotel restaurant or bar.
The exhibit hall is a 15,000 square foot building just across the driveway from the hotel. Grooming area and vendor booths are adjacent to the ring. Canopied and fenced bathing area and exercise pen behind the exhibit hall.
Food concession and full-service bar will be open during show hours in the exhibit hall. FREE morning coffee will be available for early-birds.
Fly into PDX airport for shuttle to the hotel (6 minutes.) Alternately, use SEA airport, which is less than 3 hours away. Both are serviced by all major airlines, including Alaska ($100 dog charge.)
- Exhibitor shuttle (extra crate space) - Make reservations with Ellie Stonequist
- Dog shuttle to lure trial grounds - Make reservations with Ellie Stonequist
- Ride-sharing - A message board will be set up in the hotel lobby for carpooling to off-site events
- Downtown Portland is only 10 miles from our host hotel, well-known for great food, micro-breweries, music, gardens and more.
- See the Pacific Northwest - It's less than 60 miles to the Oregon Coast, Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood, Timberline Lodge, Multnomah Falls, or the Columbia River Gorge.
- Shopping is tax-free in Oregon!
Same location as 1989 National
Hotel newly refurbished in 2012
Lure coursing field aerial photograph
|Dominique Denis||Regular and Non-Regular Dog Classes|
|Lee Canalizo||Regular and Non-Regular Bitch Classes and Best of Breed|
|Stephen Fisher||4-6 Month Beginner Puppy Competition (NEW!)|
|Chris Terrell||Sweepstakes Classes (All)|
|Katie Effert||Junior Showmanship Classes|
|Paula Ratoza||Agility Classes|
|Lyndell Ackerman & Ann Billups||Lure Coursing|
|Jill K. Jones||Obedience & Rally|
Raffle, Auction and Trophy Donations
Art Auction - Proxy bidding welcome.
Donations - contact Sue Games or Linda Jo Bugbee
Or mail your item directly to: Dianne Kroll, Show Chairperson
19340 SW Alexander St, Aloha OR 97006-2310
Proxy bidding will be accepted - contact Darlyn Pfeiffer
• Gold East Coast Folding Crate
• Groom Right Adjustable Grooming Table
• D-Flight Metal Tack Box
AHCA Rescue Raffle - contact Barb Hastings
Show Secretary for all events (excluding Lure Coursing):
Dorma Sue Busby
11950 SW Plumbrook Rd.
Sterling Height, MI. 48312
Afghan Hound Club of Greater Portland - Sunday, September 29th, 2013
- Valarie Hansen - Dogs
- Dominique Denis - Bitches & Intersex
Evergreen Afghan Hound Club - Sunday, September 29th, 2013
- Claire Milward (Pending)- Regular Classes
Preceeding All-Breed Shows
Come in early for these events preceding the AHCA
Gig Harbor Kennel Club - September 21st & 22nd, 2013
- Saturday - Dana P. Cline
- Sunday - John R. Wood Jr.
- 130 miles north of show site.
Portland Agility Club - September 20th, 21st & 22nd, 2013
- 15 miles north of show site
Need to update something on here? Contact: Eddie Kominek